High School Paraprofessional Part-time
U Prep Paraprofessionals are responsible for assisting the classroom teacher in the educational and social development of all of the students.
If you are dedicated to a pursuit of excellence both in yourself and our students; if you are self-motivated; if you are an innovator and if you want to play a key role in changing young lives --we are looking for U. Our mission: to give students the courage to pursue a future full of possibilities.
- Reports to the School Leader through the teaching staff.
- Supervises individuals or small groups of students as directed by the teachers.
- Lead small group instruction as directed by lead teacher.
- Helps with the planning, preparation, and implementation of projects and activities as directed by the teacher.
- Supervises students during non-academic times (i.e. lunch, choice time, recess, teacher planning periods, etc.).
- Chaperones class field studies.
- Helps maintain an orderly, organized, attractive classroom environment.
- Assists with arrival and dismissal, including escorting children to and from cars/buses.
- Provides clerical assistance as directed by the teachers.
- Manages student lunchtime.
- Participates in all scheduled staff meetings and professional development.
- Maintains flexible daily routines that accommodate changing responsibilities and schedules.
- Supports teaching staff in any way that promotes the goals of U Prep.
- Offer an enrichment class for students on early release days.
- Assists with the beautification of the school, bulletin boards, etc.
- Take a leadership role in the weekly community circle.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 60 college credit hours or more and can provide transcripts;
- Experience working with children in an educational setting;
- Ability to work collaboratively with staff and community.
- $15.00 an hour
- Part-time with a maximum of 29.5 hours a week