Henry Ford Academy Elementary School-Building Substitute
OurBuilding-Based Substitute Teachers work under the direction of the BuildingPrincipal or his/her designee to replace a regularly appointed teacher inhis/her absence. The substitute teacher is expected to provide as closelyas possible the same successful instructional and learning environment thatwould exist if the regularly appointed teacher were in attendance. Thesubstitute teacher is responsible for carrying out the lesson plans of theregularly appointed teacher for whom he/she is substituting. This is afull-time position. On days when no teacher requires a substitute, theSubstitute Teacher will be assigned to assist in learning studios.
· Follows the lesson plan(s) left by the teacher for whom he/sheis substituting in accordance with district’s philosophy, goals and objectives.
· Maintains as fully as possible the established routines andprocedures of the school and classroom where assigned.
· Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at thetimes designated.
· Establishes and maintains order in the classroom.
· Maintains a classroom environment conductive to effectivelearning.
· Establishes a climate that promotes fairness and respect.
· Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protectstudents, materials, equipment, and facilities.
· Corrects any student papers assigned during the day.
· Places students’ paper(s) in regular teacher’s desk.
· Returns instructional materials and equipment to proper place.
· Supervises the dismissal of students according to establishedbuilding procedures.
· Conducts oneself in a business like and task-oriented manner.
· Uses positive verbal and non-verbal skills that enhancelearning.
· Models non-discriminatory practices in all activities.
· Participates in all school-wide activities
· Maintains confidentiality of all information concerningstudents, staff, or parent/guardian in any public setting.
· Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrativeregulations, and School Board policies.
· Performs other related duties as assigned by program/buildingadministrator(s) in accordance with school policies and practices
· Experienced (Non-Manager)
· Category: Education & Training - Type: Elementary Education
· Category: Education & Training - Type: Secondary AndVocational Education
· Some College
· Medical benefits provided
· Be at least 18 years of age
· Be eligible to meet the requirements of State of MichiganSubstitute permit (B.A. or at least 90 semester hours of satisfactory credit(grade C or better) at a four year institution of higher education
· Have demonstrated ability to work effectively under thedirection of others
· Have willingness to assume any responsibilities appropriate forthe position
· Behave and speak in professional manner
· An evident commitment to holding all students to high expectationsfor academic and personal success
· Significant experience working with urban children and theirfamilies
· Candidates should be comfortable operating in a flexible,self-directed and fast-paced work environment