Part Time-School Cafeteria Worker
School is Reopening!
Have you heard the news? Our school is reopening for 4th quarter and we’re recruiting a number of crew members. We have immediate openings for this position. Candidates who are hired in this role will be eligible for a return to in person incentive stipend up to $1500 and have the chance to return again with us in the Fall when we expect to be back 100% for in person learning.
Families send their children to U Prep because they recognize education is a tool in shaping and changing lives and value the culturally responsive curriculum and learning environments that set our scholars on a path to college and meaningful careers, fulfillment, and becoming positive changes agent in our community.
We continually seek out talented individuals to join the U Prep Crew and partner with us in supporting our educators and scholars as we all deliver on our mission. Read on if you are interested in being a part of this important work!
The school cafeteria workers will provide a safe environment for the students during the breakfast and/or lunch periods while maintaining the established culture of the school.
Hours and Compensation:
- Days: Monday through Friday
- Part time hours: Hours can vary as they can include morning hours depending on the location you are assigned to
- Starting pay is $12.50/hr;
- High School or GED diploma;
- Experience working with children in an educational setting preferred;
Duties and Responsibilities:
The primary duties and areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitors and supervises students during breakfast and or lunch periods;
- Maintains and supports the school culture at all times;
- Enforces safety, appropriate behavior standards and cafeteria policies;
- Attends to students experiencing difficulties;
- Collaborate with Teachers, School Operations Managers, Dean of Culture and School Director to meet the needs of the students;
- Perform the duties as the Point of Sale for students purchasing breakfast and or lunch;
- Attend Food Service meetings; and
- Perform all other duties as assigned
How do we support you?
Our education teams are at the heart of our ability to serve our scholars well. We provide them the robust support they need and help create clean, safe, well-resourced spaces for our scholars to learn and grow. You’ll be supported in a variety of ways too:
- Working in well resourced and designed buildings that promote the physical and emotional safety necessary for learning.
- Given opportunities to collaborate with your peers.
- Supported by an engaged leadership and administrative team.
- Working with team members who take great pride in their work and schools.
- Interacting with highly engaged families who prioritize education and learning.
We believe a U Prep education sets scholars on a path to a future full of possibilities. That school are more than just a building. That providing culturally responsive learning environments allow all children to thrive. If you are a thinker, doer, and believer in the power of education to shape and build lives we should talk. Let’s connect and discuss the possibility of you becoming part of team changing lives and our community for the better!
Detroit 9090 is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind. All employment decisions with Detroit 9090 are based on district needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.