Lead Custodian- U Prep Schools
The Custodian provides general custodial/maintenance services for the district and reports to the Facility Manager and Building Principal.
- Ability to provide staff oversight and provide direction as needed
- Possess good habits, character and attendance records.
- Be neat in appearance.
- Be able to speak, read and write at a level of proficiency that permits satisfactory job performance.
- Be capable and demonstrate the establishment and maintenance of harmonious effective relationships with staff, supervisors, co-workers and students.
- Upon request, present a certificate signed by a licensed physician appointed by the school board verifying the physical ability to perform the job.
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
- Possess a willingness to learn new job skills.
Hours and Pay:
- Full time with benefits
- Pay based on experience
- High school diploma or GED required, college or trade school classes preferred.
- Possess experience in custodial and maintenance work to carry out the assigned duties preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Sweeps, mops, and scrubs floors and other surfaces.
- Cleans, renovates, and renews floor surface finishes.
- Cleans and dusts furniture, exhibit cases, fixtures, windows, doors, trim, and related furnishings.
- Maintains grounds and parking lots in meticulous condition.
- Cleans whiteboards.
- Washes/cleans light fixtures.
- Replaces light bulbs/tubes and assists with ballasts as necessary.
- Moves furniture, supplies, and miscellaneous equipment.
- Sweeps or shovels snow from steps, roofs, and walks at building entrances and salts icy steps and walks as necessary.
- Collects, bags, and disposes of trash.
- Locks/unlocks doors and windows to buildings, classrooms and offices.
- Turns off unnecessary lighting.
- Cleans and services lavatories, toilet rooms, and locker rooms.
- Washes all interior and exterior glass including framed pictures, partitions, and doors.
- Reports items that require repair and performs light repairs where necessary.
- Follows written work schedule.
- Coordinates work with lead custodian and principal.
- Assists with the operation of school heating plant and equipment.
- Guards property against fire, theft, and illegal entry; maintain building security.
- Works from ladders, scaffolding, or swing stages.
- Maintains and operates all equipment necessary to perform assigned tasks.
- Vacuums, spot cleans, and extracts carpet as necessary.
- Performs all assigned duties in a manner in which contributes to the safety and well being of the staff and buildings.
- Performs all custodial/maintenance duties assigned by supervisors.
- Assists with food service.
- Willing and able to respond to school emergencies during off hours.
- Oversees outside contractors as needed.
- Maintains daily work schedules for Districts Custodial staff, including on-call schedule
- Monitors site tasks to insure completion of all general maintenance items
- Acts as trouble shooter for Districts Custodial staff
- Other duties as assigned.