The Procurement Specialist directs the overall purchasing function and facilitates the timely purchase of all equipment, supplies, materials and services in compliance with state laws and network policies.
● Has a clear sense of vision and purpose/ reason for making decision
● Plans in a thorough, meticulous manner.
● Offers innovative ideas or solutions to new/ old problems.
● Follows through –
○ Self-starter – takes responsibility for initiating necessary changes or actions.
○ Remains focused on goal attainment, perseveres, monitors, delivers.
○ Doesn’t let the details fall between the cracks.
○ Stays with a project through to its completion.
● Reliable – Can be counted on to complete tasks/ projects on time
○ Positive attitude, promotes harmonious collaboration
○ Truly appreciates that teamwork will produce superior results
○ Genuinely enjoys and is enthusiastic about being part of a team
○ Contributes fair share to the team
● Able to motivate and positively influence others
● Listens, identifies others’ perspective(s)
● Communicates effectively with others regardless of differences
● Self-care, prioritizes personal wellness
● Views challenges as exciting learning experiences
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in logistics supply chain or business related field;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in related field;
- Experience in bid specification development and contract review;
- Proficient in spreadsheet software applications, specifically Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets;
- Basic skills using email and using word processor applications, specifically Microsoft Word or Google Docs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops innovative and cooperative ways to increase productivity and effectiveness in the purchasing process;
- Monitors purchasing process and works with network schools and departments to procure services, materials, supplies and equipment in accordance with network, state and federal policies and procedures;
- Obtains, logs and evaluates quotations and bids;
- Negotiates supply and service contracts;
- Maintains a common vendor list;
- Tracks key performance data and creates reports to analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of the purchasing function;
- Develops and maintains a system to measure supply inventories and to determine standard supply levels at each school;
- Manages and coordinates all RFP processes;
- Performs other duties as assigned.