The Procurement Specialist coordinates the purchase of all equipment and supplies in compliance with state laws and network policies, payment of invoices, and inventory management.
● Has a clear sense of vision and purpose/ reason for making decision
● Plans in a thorough, meticulous manner.
● Offers innovative ideas or solutions to new/ old problems.
● Follows through –
○ Self-starter – takes responsibility for initiating necessary changes or actions.
○ Remains focused on goal attainment, perseveres, monitors, delivers.
○ Doesn’t let the details fall between the cracks.
○ Stays with a project through to its completion.
● Reliable – Can be counted on to complete tasks/ projects on time
○ Positive attitude, promotes harmonious collaboration
○ Truly appreciates that teamwork will produce superior results
○ Genuinely enjoys and is enthusiastic about being part of a team
○ Contributes fair share to the team
● Able to motivate and positively influence others
● Listens, identifies others’ perspective(s)
● Communicates effectively with others regardless of differences
● Self-care, prioritizes personal wellness
● Views challenges as exciting learning experiences
Duties and Responsibilities:
● Establishes and maintains current policies and procedures for all network purchasing and procurement activity;
● Serves as the computerized purchasing system coordinator for all remote building level personnel;
● Converts electronic purchase requisitions submitted from building level staff into purchase orders and verifies approvals;
● Facilitates the purchase of goods via competitive bidding, informal quotations, and negotiation;
● Maintains a common current vendor list;
● Develops a standard school order supply list that is fulfilled twice per school year;
● Processes invoices for payment, after verifying all conditions are met including satisfactory delivery and billing;
● Monitors listing of all open purchase orders and actively seeks disposition by consulting with various network personnel and vendors if necessary;
● Prepares weekly payable reports as required;
● Prepares applicable year end reports and assists in the preparation of documents for the school district’s annual independent audit;
● Creates cash deposits as needed;
● Assists the Director and Assistant Director in performing general accounting functions as needed;
● Serves as a Central Office greeter and receptionist;
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● Associate’s degree in Accounting preferred, or equivalent skills and/or experience;
● Minimum of 2 years experience in related field;
● Proficient in spreadsheet software applications, specifically Microsoft Excel or Google Sheets;
● Basic skills using email and using word processor applications, specifically Microsoft Word or Google Docs;
● General office skills, including filing
● Excellent customer service skills;
● Professional tone and diction;
● Background in school purchasing and/or accounts payable a plus.