Day Porter-Part Time
The Day Porter provides general custodial/maintenance services for the district reports to the Lead Custodian.
• Experienced in custodial maintenance.
• Possess good habits, character and attendance;
• Be neat in appearance;
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs;
• Possess a willingness to learn new job skills.
• Ability to foster good working relationships;
• Basic computer and software skills;
• Upon request, present a certificate signed by a licensed physician appointed by the school board verifying the physical ability to perform the job.
• High school diploma or equivalent required;
• Some college or trade school classes preferred;
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responds to help desk requests for service and setup;
• Cleans and services bathrooms and locker rooms throughout the day;
• Sweeps, mops and scrubs floors and other surfaces;
• Washes all interior and exterior glass including framed pictures, partitions and doors;
• Cleans, renovates and renews floor surface finishes;
• Cleans and dusts furniture, exhibit cases, fixtures, windows, doors, trim and related furnishings;
• Cleans whiteboards – interactive and stationary;
• Washes/cleans light fixtures;
• Removes paper and other debris from property and parking area;
• Ensures common spaces and hallways are clear of paper, trash and other debris;
• Replaces light bulbs/tubes and assists with ballasts as necessary;
• Assists with event setup as necessary;
• Moves furniture, supplies and miscellaneous equipment;
• Sweeps or shovels snow from steps, roofs, and walkways at building entrances and salts icy steps and walkways as necessary;
• Collects, bags and disposes of trash daily;
• Locks/unlocks doors and windows to buildings, classrooms, offices and lockers;
• Turns off unnecessary lighting;
• Report items that require repair or maintenance to supervisor;
• Follows written work schedule, policies and procedures;
• Guards against fire, theft and illegal entry, maintain building security;
• Works from ladders, scaffolding, or swing stages;
• Vacuums, spot cleans and extracts carpet as necessary; and
• Performs other duties as assigned.