Day Porter-Part Time
School is Reopening!
Have you heard the news? Our school is reopening for 4th quarter and we’re recruiting a number of crew members. New hires will start ASAP and have the chance to work extra hours during the summer months to complete special projects. Candidates who are hired for this role will be eligible for a return to in person incentive stipend of up to $1500. If this sounds like a position that fits your background and you are interested please apply for an opportunity to be hired for this position.
Hours and Compensation:
- Days: Monday through Friday
- Part time hours: 10am to 4pm
- Starting pay is $13.00/hr;
The Day Porter provides general custodial/maintenance services for the district reports to the Lead Custodian.
• Experienced in custodial maintenance.
• Possess good habits, character and attendance;
• Be neat in appearance;
• Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs;
• Possess a willingness to learn new job skills;
• Ability to foster good working relationships;
• Basic computer and software skills;
• Upon request, present a certificate signed by a licensed physician appointed by the school board verifying the physical ability to perform the job.
• High school diploma or equivalent required;
• Some college or trade school classes preferred;
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Responds to help desk requests for service and setup;
• Cleans and services bathrooms and locker rooms throughout the day;
• Sweeps, mops and scrubs floors and other surfaces;
• Washes all interior and exterior glass including framed pictures, partitions and doors;
• Cleans, renovates and renews floor surface finishes;
• Cleans and dusts furniture, exhibit cases, fixtures, windows, doors, trim and related furnishings;
• Cleans whiteboards – interactive and stationary;
• Washes/cleans light fixtures;
• Removes paper and other debris from property and parking area;
• Ensures common spaces and hallways are clear of paper, trash and other debris;
• Replaces light bulbs/tubes and assists with ballasts as necessary;
• Assists with event setup as necessary;
• Moves furniture, supplies and miscellaneous equipment;
• Sweeps or shovels snow from steps, roofs, and walkways at building entrances and salts icy steps and walkways as necessary;
• Collects, bags and disposes of trash daily;
• Locks/unlocks doors and windows to buildings, classrooms, offices and lockers;
• Turns off unnecessary lighting;
• Report items that require repair or maintenance to supervisor;
• Follows written work schedule, policies and procedures;
• Guards against fire, theft and illegal entry, maintain building security;
• Works from ladders, scaffolding, or swing stages;
• Vacuums, spot cleans and extracts carpet as necessary; and
• Performs other duties as assigned.