Executive Director of Facilities
The Executive Director of Facilities ensures effective and efficient management of all aspects of facility and maintenance functions. This position provides support services to the school buildings and ensures a safe, attractive, and comfortable setting for learning and teaching.
- Has a clear sense of vision and purpose/ reason for making decision
- Plans in a thorough, meticulous manner.
- Offers innovative ideas or solutions to new/ old problems.
- Follows through –
- Self-starter – takes responsibility for initiating necessary changes or actions.
- Remains focused on goal attainment, perseveres, monitors, delivers.
- Doesn’t let the details fall between the cracks.
- Stays with a project through to its completion.
- Reliable – Can be counted on to complete tasks/ projects on time
- Positive attitude, promotes harmonious collaboration
- Truly appreciates that teamwork will produce superior results
- Genuinely enjoys and is enthusiastic about being part of a team
- Contributes fair share to the team
- Able to motivate and positively influence others
- Listens, identifies others’ perspective(s)
- Communicates effectively with others regardless of differences
- Self-care, prioritizes personal wellness
- Views challenges as exciting learning experiences
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages a team of experienced facilities leads;
- Populates and submits facility reporting including regular updates of dashboard information;
- Oversees all processes, budgets, management and execution of ongoing maintenance and capital facilities;
- Oversees long-range planning, including the prioritization of projects to improve condition of the school facilities;
- Establishes and manages relationships with all key building staff, landlord representatives and contracted vendors;
- Ensures that the highest level of maintenance standards are upheld at every campus;
- Ensures that best practices in facility management are in place and followed with fidelity;
- Manages and tracks all documents related to building management: drawing, permits, asbestos, estimates, studies etc.
- Evaluates and facilitates resolution of help desk ticket requests/issues;
- Manages and updates all certifications, permits and compliance-related materials for city agencies and other compliance stakeholders;
- Manages the development and prioritization of capital work, including the development of an appropriate scope of work, oversight of bid process, selection of vendors, approval of proposals, tracking of execution of work, processing of payment, and all tracking, recording, and systems related to vendors;
- Coordinates and monitors summer capital project planning;
- Manages the creation and processing of all building purchase orders
- Creates annual facilities operating and capital budgets;
- Experience in building systems; four years progressively responsible work experience in building and mechanical maintenance or facility operation which includes supervisory/management experience OR a satisfactory equivalent combination of education and training;
- A valid Michigan driver’s license and reliable transportation;
- Three years experience with budgeting and estimating;
- Three years experience with RFP’s and the related bid process;
- Strong computer skills; and
- Knowledge of school safety and facility codes