Classroom Assistant (Immediate Opening)
School is Reopening!
Have you heard the news? Our schools are reopening for in-person learning for
the remainder of the school year. We have immediate openings for a number of
qualified candidates for this unique position. Candidates who are hired in this role will be
eligible for a return to in person incentive stipend of up to $1500 and have an
opportunity to return in the fall as a member of the network’s substitute pool.
If you are dedicated to a pursuit of excellence and want to play a key role in changing
young lives --we are looking for U. So…take the next step by clicking on the “Apply for
this position” button now.
The Classroom Assistant position with U Prep schools is a unique role which has been created
specifically to support the return to the in-person learning for our scholars. This role is
critical to the success of the in-person learning programs that will be offered to our returning
scholars for the remainder of the 2020-21 school year.
● Supports scholars in accomplishing the teacher’s daily educational objectives
● Provides individual assistance to children in small groups
● Collaborates with the lead teacher to recognize issues students are facing and recommend
● Assists teacher in maintaining a safe and secure environment in the classroom
● Supports the oversight of students during recess and lunch periods
● Serves as the substitute teacher in the absence of the lead teacher
● Experience working with children; preferably in an educational setting
● Minimum of 60 credit hours from an accredited college/university
● Must provide official transcripts
● Obtain a substitute teaching permit in the state of Michigan (you must have a transcript
with a minimum 2.0 GPA) or hold a valid Michigan teaching certificate
How do we support you?
Our education teams are critical to our ability to serve our scholars well. You’ll be
supported in a variety of ways:
● Working in well-resourced and designed buildings that promote the physical and
emotional safety necessary for learning.
● Competitive pay - $17.50 per hour (~$140/day) and eligibility for an incentive of
up to $1500
● Supported by an engaged leadership and administrative team.
● Working with team members who take great pride in their work and schools.
● Partnering with highly engaged families who prioritize education and learning.
● Please note: this position is paid semi-monthly and is not benefit eligible.
Are you in or out?
We believe a U Prep education sets scholars on a path to a future full of possibilities.
That schools are more than just a building. That providing culturally responsive
learning environments allow all children to thrive. If you are a thinker, doer, and
believer in the power of education to shape and build lives we should talk. Let’s
U Prep Schools is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, making all employment
decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or
expression, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, genetics, marital status,
height, weight, age, disability or other legally protected status.
For more information U Prep Schools, check out www.uprepschools.com.