If you are dedicated to a pursuit of excellence both in yourself and our students; if you are self-motivated; if you are an innovator and if you want to play a key role in changing young lives - we are looking for U. Our mission is to give students the courage to pursue a future full of possibilities. Our students come to our network of schools looking for a rewarding and fulfilling education. Comprised of three public charter school districts; University Preparatory Academy, University Preparatory Science and Math, and University Preparatory Art and Design; we educate over 4,500 students in the burgeoning city of Detroit. Help us to prepare our students in life and be a part of U.
- Junior or Senior in college, or recent college graduate.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator, In-Design, video editing, and other design programs
- Experience with social media platforms and website maintenance a plus.
- Experience in a fast paced environment and in managing multiple projects is a must.
Must have own computer with graphic design and video editing programs installed. A Mac will be provided for use as well.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide basic graphic design services using In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, and other design programs.
- Produce videos featuring U Prep students, parents, faculty and staff. Production to include the selection of music tracks, creation of graphics and posting on You Tube or Vimeo.
- Develop written profiles of students, parents, faculty and others for use in marketing materials.
- Responsible for scheduling and conducting interviews, obtaining photos using his/her phone camera and developing copies that communicates the participants experience and sentiments.
- Track and communicate web site revisions with the web administrator and ensure their completion.
- Maintain marketing files of all creative assets produced.
- Coordinate various marketing and communications projects to include print, direct mail, and video.
- Coordination efforts will require the collaboration to work with internal resources and contractors on various functions required of the project from concept to completion.
- Assist in developing copy and proofreading corporate communications and various marketing materials.
- Learn Bloomerang donor database, enter donor data, and generate donor communications.
- Work with vendor to develop content calendar, weekly social media posts and monthly e-newsletter.
- Responsible for gathering information from School Leadership/representatives to include on social media platforms and e-newsletter to support vendor and submit information to Executive Director of Marketing on request
- Support the vendor with obtaining content, photos and creative assets for all stories to share with the network
- Partner with vendor to fact check and follow all directives and specifics included in content calendar developed by Executive Director of Marketing
- Manage constant contact and update monthly with information provided by Human Resources and the Director of Programs and Partnership and Director of Enrollment
- Enter enrollment data; Follow up with parents to answer questions or concerns regarding enrollment.
- Perform any and all clerical functions that are related to the enrollment process
- Check in with Executive Director of Marketing throughout the week to ensure continuity and close out week
- Create and maintain project management tools; spreadsheets for budget, task lists, data, etc.
- Assist with corporate events as needed.
- All other duties as assigned
Demonstrates U Prep’s Core Values
- We work well by ourselves and in teams
- We care about people
- Our actions have a purpose
- We think big and do
- Learning is exciting
Detroit 9090 is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits discrimination of any kind. All employment decisions with Detroit 9090 are based on district needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, sex, ancestry, citizenship status, mental or physical disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, veteran status, or military status.