Math Interventionist U Prep High School
The Math Interventionist analyze assessment data and provide "real time" push-in and pull-out research-based interventions in the area of math and problem solving to students that are currently below grade level.
U Prep Perks:
- $4,000 longevity salary increase after three years for all teachers
- Attendance and Core Value Bonuses
- 50% - 80% tuition paid for masters through GVSU
- 401k 6% dollar for dollar match after first year of employment
• Bachelors' degree or higher
• Must have and maintain valid Michigan teaching certificate with a mathematics endorsement or a bachelors degree in math
- Gather, organize, and interpret assessment data . on identified students.
- Utilize best practice instructional strategies and research-based intervention curriculum materials to meet the learning needs of identified students.
- Model the use of intervention strategies, through their use in the classroom, to general teachers.
- Analyze existing student achievement data and administer student assessment and progress monitoring instruments as needed to aid in the progress monitoring of students.
- Serve on the building level MTSS team.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers, building administrator, and parents when designing the interventions.
- Maintain accurate student records, parent communications records and student progress data reports as required by Title I law.
- Attend professional development opportunities that promote improved instructional strategies and support researched-based resource material needed to implement the intervention program successfully and support/maintain professional growth.
- Follow district guidelines and policies including maintaining proper professional conduct as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Perform other duties as deemed appropriate and assigned by the Building Administrator.
About U Prep Schools
If you are dedicated to a pursuit of excellence both in yourself and our students; if you are self-motivated; if you are an innovator and if you want to play a key role in changing young lives --we are looking for U. Our mission: to give students the courage to pursue a future full of possibilities. Our students come to our network of schools looking for a rewarding and fulfilling education. Comprised of three public charter school districts; University Preparatory Academy, University Prep Science and Math and University Prep Art & Design; we educate over 3,300 students in the burgeoning city of Detroit. Help us to prepare our students for success in life and be a part of U.